EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS AND LEARNING ACTIVITIES
A. Admission Period And Student Lecture Time
The time of admission is divided into 2 periods, October and March. Each period consists of 2 class choices:
- Part Time Reguler Class
Learning activities are held every day from Monday to Saturday, at 7 pm to 9:30 pm (except Saturday, at 3.30 pm to 6 pm). Total lecture meetings are 6 times per week (@ 150 minutes)
- Full Time Reguler Class
Learning activities are held every Friday (1 pm to 9.30 pm) and Saturday (9 am to 6 pm). Total lecture meetings are 6 times per week (@ 150 minutes)
- The effective study period at Hospital Management Study Program – Post Graduate is 24 months. Divided into 12 months learning activities on campus and 12 months for the activities of residency and thesis compiling (total of 4 semesters).
- Study load consisits of 44 credits, including thesis (6 credits) and residency (2 credits). The study load will be taken by students with a maximum study period limit specified. If the time limit has been exceeded (4 years), students can propose a maximum of 1 year extension study. The extension of the study proposal can be approved with a special consideration, which has been conducting research, has paid the total fees, and meets the extension of the procedure per the study as follows:
- The student submits a written application to the Chairman of MMR UMY Study Program (example see Annex 2).
- Upon accept of an official letter of consent, the student pays for the extension fee according to the applicable provisions and will be given proof of extension of the study.
Referring to the Rule of Drop Out and Resignation UMY Students: the Rector Decission no. 015/SKUMY/IX/2015, described the following matters.
- Drop Out
Drop Out (DO) is a condition in which a person has been deprived of its status as a student of UMY. This condition occurs because:
- Does not meet academic requirements
- During the first 2 (two) semesters students obtain an Academic Achievement Index less than 2.5
- The student has exceeded the specified time limit of 4 (four) years.
- Break student discipline rules
This occurs when students commit serious violations of discipline as stipulated in the rules of the UMY Student.
- Violate legislation and applicable law
- This happens when students violate laws and regulations prevailing in the territory of NKRI.In these circumstances, DO is performed after a judge’s verdict from a district court (first instance court).
- In case of involvement in drug use and circulation, DO is performed after the student is declared as the defendant.
- Resignation is a situation in which a person has revoked his or her statusas a UMY student because of his own wishes or any other specified cause.
- Students apply for resignation application tothe Chief ofStudy Program and will receive a letter of resignation signed by
- The resignation may be proposed with the aim of moving to another college, in accordance with the procedures and requirements specified.
- Students are deemed to have resigned if they do not conduct re-registration for 3 (three) consecutive semesters in accordance with the applicable rules.
D. Education System
Implementation of educational programs that is determined in each semester. Each subject is calculated by Semester Credit Unit (SKS). The duration of the education program in each semester is between 2-5 months, depending on the size of SKS in the semester. The division of credits in each semester, based on consideration for the achievement of a structured competence and gradually, so that the expected knowledge, skills and attitude that are targeted at graduates’ competence can be achieved. The distribution of credits in each semester is regulated as follows:
Matriculation is given as an additional competence which is mandatory for all students, although non SKS, with the aim to prepare students with different educational backgrounds S1 to have sufficient prior knowledge of receiving the MMR UMY lectures.
E. Learning Activities
Lectures are held daily (6 days per week), with 1 credit equivalent 50 minutes x 16 face-to-face (including exams). Duration of campus class per day is 3 sessions (1 session @ 50 minutes) or 2.5 hours, afternoon and evening classes. The learning activities held at on Monday to Friday at (19:00 pm – 21:30 pm) and at (15:30 pm -18:00 pm) on Saturdays and some Field Site Teaching / FST activities (learning in the field) .
The learning method implemented in MMR UMY is as follows.
|Small Group Discussion||Students form the Group then conduct discussions and present the results of the discussion in the classroom|
|Role play & simulation||Studying and executing assigned roles, practicing models|
|Discovery learning||Search, collect, and compile existing information to describe a knowledge|
|Self direct learning||Plan learning activities, implement and assess their own learning experiences|
|Cooperative learning||Discuss and conclude problems or assignments given by lecturers in a group|
|Coll aborative lerning||Work in a team, create process designs, and consensus-based appraisal forms|
|Problem based learning||Learning by searching for information and utilizing the information to solve the problem|
|Project based learning||Work on systemically planned tasks, show performance and accountable for the work in the forum|
|Contextual instruction||Discussing concepts or theories, conducting field studies to find out the suitability of the theory|
Implementation of learning methods in MMR UMY are implemented in various forms
- Direct Lecturing
Lecturing is a type of contextual instruction learning executed as many as 60% of the total existing learning activities. In the lecture, the lecturer delivers more concepts; on any topic the lecturer presents the case as a trigger to increase the active participation of students and understanding of the concept.
- Audio Conference
It is one of the activities in the classroom, but the lecturer is not present in the class (only students). The lecturers’ material is given directly through the sound from a distance. One lecturer is provided as a moderator in the classroom, which helps to present the slide and as a facilitator between lecturers and students. This activity is to facilitate students to receive lectures from expert lecturers / experts who are out of town / overseas, due to the lecturer’s business so they cannot come to the college.
It is a method to communicate between two or more people simultaneously in the real time. This facility is used to conduct written discussions on certain topics that have been made by lecturers, and then responded by the students.
- Skills Lab
Skills Lab aims to train students’ managerial skills by giving each student a chance to practice using the check list provided and accompanied by the instructor (1 instructor for 10-15 students). To support this activity is provided communication laboratory.
Tutorial is a small group discussions in which each group consists of about 10-15 students and is assisted by a tutor who serves as a facilitator. Students will be faced with management cases both simple and comprehensive (involving various disciplines of management) as a trigger for discussion. Tutors will help students in discussions to achieve learning objectives without having to intervence much discussion or provide lengthy explanations. Every student is expected to always dare to express his or her opinion or analysis. Cases will be given a few days before the activity to provide students with independent learning opportunities and prepare relevant learning resources.
- Field Site Teaching/ FST
This is a visit to the health center in the unit / installation according to the topic so that the students have the opportunity to see, feel, listen and discuss with field supervisors (ie practitioners in their field) about things that can not be obtained in class.
Practicum aims is not only to improving the understanding of knowledge that has been obtained, but also to increase student skills and learn to practice the theory obtained directly.To support this activity provided computer laboratory and instructor in each group (10-15 students).
- Case Presentation
Students get the opportunity, either individually or in a group, to present the assignment given by lecturer or FST result.
Students must complete the assignment given by the lecturer, either individually or in groups. The assignment is intended to enhance students’ knowledge and insight independently or in groups towards a topic or case resolution. Students are given sufficient time to seek as much information as possible based on valid scientific sources to synthesize knowledge.
- Case Reflection
Each student observes at the hospital according to the topic set by the lecturer. This activity is carried out at the time of FST (learning in the field) / specifically looking for managerial cases. This observation aims to be able to reflect the things perceived or seen or heard that is considered problematic, in the form of short writing.
- Workshop/ Seminar
Some topics will be presented in the form of a workshop or seminar that is limited to MMR UMY students.
Seminar / Workshop PMPK: Pusat Pengembangan Management Pelayanan Kesehatan (Center for Development of Health Services Management)
PMPK is one of MMR UMY units in charge of organizing various scientific events both national and international events. PMPK has the goal to develop the hospital management sciences. The aim of this activity is as an enrichment of the material to the students to be able to follow the on the laexamination issues of hospital management. This activity is a compulsory and performed four times (4x) in 4 semesters. The activities is held in 1-2 days, funded by students and supported by study program (Prodi)
Benchmarking is a systematically and continuously learning process that takes place in any part of a hospital and compared to the best hospital or the most superior competitors.
In this activity the students prepare a project either individually or in groups. The output produced include strategic planning, business plan, and so on.
- ELS (e-learning system)
MMR UMY study program develops learning process virtually and can be done anywhere. This is intended so that students can access lecture materials and other learning resources, and discuss with lecturers easily whenever and wherever. In the forum of ELS students have the do the task or to discuss the case published in the ELS Discussion Forum which is regularly uploaded for each subject.
MMR UMY Curriculum consists of 4 semesters.
|Matriculation||1. Fundamentals of Hospital Management
2. Introduction to Finanacial Management
|I||1. Organization & Hospital HR
3. Facilities & K3Management
4. Hospital Services Management
5. Hospital Financial Management
6. Hospital Services Marketing & Islamic business ethics
7. Health Regulation and Policy
2. Prevention of Infection Control Management
3. Hospital Special Services Management
4. Supporting Management
5. Research Methodology
6. Strategic Management
7. Elective blocks (optional)
a. Disaster Management
b. Management of Hospital Engineering
c. International Hospital Visiting Program
d. Accreditation of Health Care Facilities
e. Casemix System dan Remuneration
f. Patient Focused Service Management
3. Scientific work (Scientific publications)